Sunday, June 27, 2010

Leaving and Believing

This time, 7:12 pm, in one month from now, I will be done with my trip to the Globe Theater in London with 11 fellow travelers, all Language Arts and Drama teachers from Northern California studying the bard with scholars of the bard, being immersed in Shakespeare's theater, his words, his followers, the experts and the actors.

I am looking forward to the next meeting with Patrick Spottiswoode, Director of Education at the Globe because of his comment that he will demonstrate a relationship between Shakespeare and Islam.
I'm looking forward to performing, learning, visiting schools and seeing London. I have a whole list of sights to see and can hardly wait!

It's 20 days away from home. 20 days which starts in Canada at my sister's farm. I want to see my sister, walk the acreage and see her green projects. I want to see how she and her husband installed geothermal heating and cooling onto their 100 year old farm. I want to spend my birthday with her before getting on the red eye for London.

I love the independence of travel, the certainty of intellectual growth that comes with intense study, and the uncertainty of discovery.

With that said, I still need to learn Henry IV parts 1-2, Henry VIII, The Comedy of Errors by July 11th. And prepare for next year's teaching assignment. I keep having nightmares of teaching 80 students in my current building that barely holds half of that.

I'll miss my husband, kids, friends and house, but I am still going to go 20 days and 20 nights in the quest for Shakespeare's GLOBE.

1 comment:

  1. Have a fantastic trip, Jesse. I love the background photo for your blog...very cool.

    ReplyDelete